Sunday, July 29, 2007

Harry Potter! (and knitting, too!)

I saw the movie, and it was awesome! I went to a theater that showed it in IMAX, with the 20 battle scene in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, it was great! It really felt like you were in the movie and could reach out and really touch the thestrals.

Many people (mainly crafters) have commented about the knitted/crocheted items in the film. Most notable was the shrug worn by the character Luna Lovegood.

A pattern for a really close look-alike item can be found here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0


I think I have also discovered the stitch that was used to create Luna's sweater for the battle scene. I won't disclose it yet, as I want to try a swatch first and then attempt to create the sweater itself.

I'm also looking for pictures of the hats, scarves, sweaters & hoodies found in the film.

Remember,
"You're as sane as I am." - Luna Lovegood

No comments: