Saturday, September 8, 2007

Knitting Scouts - Are you one?

I recently found a group to which I truly feel I belong - the Knitting Scouts! I've included my earned badges below to the right. Now, I just need to get them stitched and I can proudly wear them. Some are a bit out of my reach (thankfully!), and I'm sure there are more to come, but the irreverency of it all.....

Until such time, you can read more about what each means at the Knitting Scouts info area.

In case anyone has any doubts about the continuing popularity of knitting, then you should read this article by the Yarn Harlot (a TRULY best selling author of, yes, KNITTING books). It's humorous and soooo true! I just love how she calls non-knitters MUGGLES! *Harrry Pottter!*

Now, don't take that as a severe slam against non-knitters. I have several good friends who are such and I don't consider them Muggles. Muggles are meant to be more of a people who don't believe in the "community" of Magic as in J.K. Rowling's novels or Knitters as referred to by the Yarn Harlot.

No comments: